Nancy Shill studio: New Hope, Bucks County, Pa.
“My art brings together paint and unrelated materials from their previous existences into new and dynamic abstract relationships. Color expresses itself differently via different papers, fabric, metal, plastic, wood etc.
The ‘used’ materials that I employ are overlooked in a disposable society, yet they make a cry for validity. I’m challenged to push the limits in combining these. They can be beautiful, earthy and truthful — they contain history.”
— Nancy Shill
Nancy’s work is seen in galleries and at exhibits throughout the Bucks County, Pennsylvania and Princeton, New Jersey areas. She cites influences as varied as Schwitters, Kandinsky, DeKooning, Matisse, and Picasso.
Her 1962 studies with Roy Lichtenstein at Douglass College resulted in a certain POP bent to her unique, mixed-media style. She also studied at the Newark School of Fine and Industrial Arts and at Montclair University.
Nancy conducts art classes at locations such as:
- University of the Arts at the Michener Museum, New Hope, Pa.
- The Arts at Stockton, Bedminster, Pa.
- The Center for Contemporary Arts, Bedminster, Pa.
- Arts Council of Princeton (Artist in Residence), Princeton, N.J.
- The Shill home studio in New Hope, Pa. Small and private classes available. Contact us for more info.
- Phillips Mill Juried Show, 2011
- Abington Art Center Juried Show, 2010
- New Hope Art League Juried Show (Prallsville Mill), 2010
- Ellarslie Museum Juried Show, 2003, 2007-11
- Artsbridge Juried Show (Prallsville Mill), 2002
- Artsbridge “Works on Paper,” 2004-2005
- Doylestown Art League Juried Show, 2005, 2009, 2011
- Tinicum Art Show 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Plastic Club, Philadelphia, PA, 2003